Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Vancouver Bound!

I have heard that being an athlete at the Olympics is one of the best experiences of your life. We are on the way to the airport right now to head to Vancouver from Park City, Utah- and yes it is 4:30am. The reviews from our men's team is that everything is amazing. I'm eager to get there and begin this new adventure. I don't know what's going to happen or how I'm going to feel, but I'm excited right now. This is a huge moment for me and all those who have supported me all these years so- here we go! Onto Vancouver!!!

4 comments:

  1. I saw your request for new bobsled prospects in Spy and thought that my daughter would be a perfect candidate. I just need your email address to send you her qualifications. Mine is chilllee@aol.com Thanks Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elana -- My name is MacKenzie Wilson and I am the bobsled, skeleton and luge producer at NBCOlympics.com. Love your Twit pics of the team in their Olympic jackets, etc. By chance, would you be up for including on the NBCOly site? Might you have anymore shots like that? Let me know when you get a chance.

    Sincerely,
    MacKenzie Wilson

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Elana-
    Saw your post on spy and I find your story of renewal really inspiring. I'm a student programmer for Women's History Month at NYU and I'm currently in charge of assembling a women in sports panel. I haven't check Spy for like, a month but when I clicked and saw your story, I knew you would be a great addition to our panel.

    It's after the olympics and would be a great opportunity to talk about your unique sport and your transition from sport to another. Email nyuwhm@gmail.com if you are interested in learning more.

    And good luck finding your new teammate and break a leg in Vancouver.

    ReplyDelete
  4. MacKenzie Wilson- I would be more than happy to include my shots on the NBCOlympic.com website. Please contact Amanda Bird for my contact info or perhaps there is another way to exchange info?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete