Monday, February 22, 2010

The Hamstring Monster

The Hamstring Monster has been stalking team USA all season long and the Olympics is no exception! Todd Hays initially was sidelined due to a hamstring injury before his career ending crash in Winterberg. Valerie Fleming spent the entire Olympic season trying to over come a hamstring injury to try and make the Olympic team but unfortunately, the hamstring obviously didn't want to go to Whistler. And of course, me, as you all know from my previous blogs, I've been dealing with a hamstring injury all season that has caused some setbacks, but I still raced and made the Olympic team and felt prime and ready to go for some fast pushes when the hamstring monster decided otherwise!

My pilot, Erin Pac, just recently was attacked by the hamstring monster. Unfortunately, she is in a great deal of pain and unsure what percentage she'll be at for race day in one day's time. At this track, the push is especially important and we need every hundredth we can to win a medal and the hamstring monster wants to make this as difficult as possible. Coming into these games, we were one of the fastest push team in the world, but a hamstring injury will most likely slow us down a bit. A slower push greatly decreases our chances of a medal, but I'm not losing hope! Erin is a trooper and I know that she'll do everything she can to push as well as possible, and we'll work with it and compete. We still have a chance, the race has yet to begun, and there's always hope, as long as you still believe and I do. I honestly do.

So hamstring monster, you may think you have won yet another round, but you didn't realize that I know just who to call in this instance...WHO YOU GONNA CALL??? GHOSTBUSTERS!!! THIS HAMSTRING MONSTER IS NOT GOING TO TAKE OUR OLYMPICS!!!

4 comments:

  1. I will keep a good thought for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Myself and an entire country are already proud of you two. It's all good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WE ARE THINKING OF YOU AND SENDING OUR HEALING POWERS YOUR WAY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stupid Hamstring Monster, go pick on someone your own size.

    ReplyDelete