Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Joannie Rochette

I am amazed and awed by Joannie Rochette. The Canadian figure skater tragically lost her mother the other day, days before she was set to compete in the Olympics. We were racing yesterday, so I didn't see the performance live, but I saw the replay and I was amazed. She was crying at the end of the performance, and I started tearing up to- if I wasn't so ridiculously exhausted to know up from down, I probably would have been balling my eyes out. My family is so important to me and to be able to not only compete, but compete at the highest level (she sits in second going into the next skate) is nothing short of amazing. I can't imagine what it must be like to lose your mother, let alone at the world's biggest stage and still being able to compete! God is truly looking over her and with her at these Olympics, and that makes me want to cry even more. Her mother is an angel watching her every skate. I know I should cheer for the U.S. but just this once, I hope she wins gold...so I say to Joannie Rochette- GO CANADA GO!

1 comment:

  1. I googled your name after reading that you were a trainer at Gold's and I found your blog. I, too, was amazed at Joannie. I cried along with her.

    ReplyDelete