Sunday, August 1, 2010

Dieting- the new training

Happy August everyone!  Can't believe it's August already- the season is only 2 months away and I'm so excited!  Of course, everyone is busy getting ready for the season, but one part of training you can't forget about is dieting.  Now- dieting doesn't necessarily mean losing weight- dieting as this sense is crucial to training- and as a matter of fact- IS TRAINING!  Whether you have to lose weight (like in my case) or gain weight or just maintain your weight, watching what you eat and making good dietary decision will greatly enhance your performance.  Think of it like a car- every day we're working on the engine- making it stronger and more powerful, but if at the end of the day you put gunk in the gas tank- you're not going to go anywhere!  Dieting is the exact same way!  I struggle greatly with dieting- I love food and I love brownies in particular- but I know that watching what I eat will allow me to reach my goals.  Daily- I have to make my choices very wisely and sometimes its pretty difficult- especially when those around you are eating anything and everything- and when you work in a burrito shop- but I know I'll be at my best when I fuel my body the best, so I'm going to give it premium fuel!  Happy Dieting everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment