Sunday, July 18, 2010

The Five People You Meet in Heaven

I just recently finished reading Mitch Albom's book, The Five People You Meet in Heaven.  I actually picked the book up yesterday at the airport, and finished it earlier today- and for those of you who know how slow of a reader I am- that is quite the accomplishment and should be an indicator about how much I enjoyed this book.  The book was basically about life, how every person on this earth is related- through all the love, sacrifice, pain, and anger.  The book described a different view of heaven, where your life is explained to you by five people.  I enjoyed this view of heaven, as it made you think who would your 5 people be and what would they tell you that would explain why you were here.  I guess the point is you really wouldn't know who your 5 people will be, as you have know way of knowing how many people are affected by your life.  I'd like to believe I have had the opportunity to positively affect many people's life, but truth be told, I have no way of knowing how, who, or even whether it was positive or negative.  The book also offered the main character a calming peace, and I must say I received one after completing this book.  The book reinforces the idea that every life on this earth is precious and no matter how mundane the day-to-day tasks may seem, you never know who's life you're changing.  So go out there and live- but live knowing that your actions affect many others, and that no life on this earth is without purpose.

1 comment:

  1. I don't usually read books like that, but it actually sounds kind of cool. I may pick that one up.

    ReplyDelete