Monday, August 23, 2010

Life as an intern

This summer I have been working tirelessly in my position as an intern for ORDA (Olympic Regional Development Authority) in which I have been recruiting bobsled and skeleton athletes.  Although my internship is not yet complete, this week we have in town over 40 new recruits trying out for bobsled for the first time.  I must say, I feel pretty excited that I contributed to this increase in recruits.  Now obviously, all of them won't go on to be Olympians (although it is unfortunate that everyone can't be an Olympian), it is exciting to see so many people excited about trying out my sport!  I can't wait to get all the recruits behind a sled to see what they can do!  They did their sprint testing today, and throughout the week they'll learn how to push among other activities.

Recruiting can be pretty frustrating sometimes- lots of work and often little return- and lots of people turning you down.  But this camp has inspired me to continue my work in recruiting- and I'm excited to go into the office Wednesday to get back to work!  I've learned so much about sports through this internship, and it's been a great experience- not to mention I work with great people at ORDA.  I still have a couple more weeks as an intern, but I'm newly enthused- and can't wait to do more work and find even more recruits!

No comments:

Post a Comment