Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Medical Staff

One of my coaches once told me you're only as good as your medical staff. I learned this Olymipcs that he was truly correct. The difference is not the type of training athletes do, we are all essentially doing the same type of exercises, just in a different order. The difference lies in the medical staff supporting you- which medical staff can keep you healthy the longest and get you competing and training the most days out of the season. I learned that fully this season, after nursing a hamstring injury all season as well as Erin's hamstring injury during the Olympics. Our medical staff has worked so hard to get us and keep us healthy and they deserve more credit than they'll ever receive. There's so many medical professionals that worked with us this season- so thank you all for all you do- but I did want to recognize the two that were with us the majority of the season- Dr. Jason Ross and Byron Craighead. These two were the glue that held the entire US Bobsled team together- you guys are awesome and thank you for doing your job so well that we can do ours. I for one wouldn't be walking around with the Bronze medal on my neck without you.

No comments:

Post a Comment