Saturday, March 6, 2010

NASCAR- Atlanta Motor Speedway

One of the coolest things about winning a bronze medal in the Olympics is being invited to events to make appearances. This weekend, my pilot Erin Pac, myself, and gold medalist Steve Holcomb and Steve Mesler, are guests of NASCAR at the Atlanta Motor Speedway. Although everyone else had to fly down from their respective homes- I get to drive around the corner to experience my first NASCAR race!!

For those of you who may not know, bobsled has quite a bit of ties to NASCAR. Racer Geoff Bodine created the Bo-Dyn program and creates and designs our sleds- the medal winning sleds you saw in Whistler! With the support of Geoff Bodine and other NASCAR sponsors, we are able to develop the fastest sleds in the world- complete with AMERICAN MADE TECHNOLOGY!!! Our sleds are 100% AMERICAN and 100% FAST!

It already has been quite a busy weekend and the best is yet to come! Another day at the track awaits...I'll post all about it after!

2 comments:

  1. So jealous! My husband & I have been following NASCAR together for the past 5 years or so. That's so cool to know that about Geoff Bodine! And Atlanta is a great track to experience your first race. It was my first track, too. How exciting for you!

    I love reading your journey. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How long did it take you to get on the expressway after the race? I understand that's the bad part about driving to AMS.

    ReplyDelete