Sunday, May 23, 2010

Update

WOW! It's been quite a while since I last posted! I have been extremely busy this month, trying to make all the appearances possible and I don't think I've said no yet! I'm extremely exhausted- but I've had a blast. The medal is wearing down, and the appearance requests come less and less frequently these days, which just means it's time to get back to training! I have already started training for the season and for the next four years- which I'm very excited about. Still a few more appearances to make, but I'll be spending a good majority of the summer in Lake Placid, NY, at the Olympic Training Center up there, as it gives me an excellent opportunity to train and save on costs, as well as work like a mad person! I have been working as a substitute teacher here at home- which is fun, but of course as the school year nears an end- so does the work. I often get asked- "if you're an Olympic medalist, why are you substitute teaching?" It's one way to pay the bills at the end of the day- and I suppose that's what we're all trying to do- Olympic medalist or not. I'll post more about my adventures over the past month- cause they've been a lot of them and I have so much to share- but for now- just a quick update to say hi blog world!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Olymian Bronze Medalist!!

    I can just imagine how exhausted you must be. I didn't get to see you up close in Vancouver but just wanted to tell you how happy I was/am for you. Your mom and I could not stop jumping or laughing our heads off :) I can't wait to see you as a driver... wow, you're brave. Looking forward to your next blog about all the things you've been doing and please, tell us how it feels to be in the front of the sled.

    Frances, aka Audrey or as I'm often called, 'Shelley-Ann's sister'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having an job that allows you to do what you do is a great job. Though it sucks that it ends at the end of the school year. But all I can say is enjoy your summer and kick butt on the track!!!

    ReplyDelete