Tuesday, May 26, 2009

New Training Cycle!

My coach, Dan Pfaff, writes my running and lifting and plans each part of my training weekly.  Every 3 weeks, I start a new training cycle, adding some things, changing some things, and if I'm lucky- taking out some things.  I just started my second training cycle with Dan- which still includes 2-a-days (running in the morning and lifting in the afternoon) every day but Thursday (just running Thursday morning) and Sunday is an active rest day.  My last cycle was 2-a-days every day, which as you can imagine, can get very exhausting!   Not only do some of the exercises change, but also the intensity and volume.  The training season is divided into several different cycles, the first of which- I'm currently on it- is General Prep- which prepares you for the more intense workouts to come.  These workouts contain a lot of conditioning type exercises, such as up-backs (which I have tomorrow- Yikes!) where you run 70m at about 80% intensity and then turn right around and run back- sounds a lot easier than it is trust!  The workouts I have are very challenging and kicking my butt- just what I need.  Just finished my second day on my new training cycle and I'm exhausted!  Time to rest up for more work in the morning!

2 comments:

  1. Just wanted to say hello! I read about your blog in the Douglas County Sentinel and have been keeping track here since then. It's been interesting to read about your training regimine. I'd like to hear more about what your training diet is like.

    Best of luck to you! I'm rooting for you all the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment and your support!! I really appreciate it! I have just posted a blog about my diet. If you have any other questions, feel free to comment and I'll get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks again!

    Elana

    ReplyDelete