Saturday, May 16, 2009

Back In Chula!


Just got back to Chula and I'm so excited to be back!  It's such an advantage to be able to stay at an Olympic Training Center.  The training center in Chula Vista is probably my favorite of all the training centers (other centers are in Colorado Springs, CO, and Lake Placid, NY); everything is right on site here!  I wake up in the morning and am able to get worked by the athletic training staff for any ailments I have, get made to order eggs for breakfast, and then walk down to the track to start my workouts.  Then after my track workouts, I can go right to lunch, get some more treatment by our staff, and relax a little before my second workout in the state-of-the-art weight room.  Not to mention the scenery is great around this place and the weather is always nice!

I am working with the Director of USA Track and Field, Dan Pfaff, and after only two weeks on his workouts I'm very pleased.  Last season I worked with Billy "Whiteshoes" Johnson, who is a great coach, but I needed someone who would be at the training center- and Dan Pfaff was highly recommended.  Dan trains many athletes here, and I am very fortunate to be working with him.  I also get to train alongside some of this country's top track athletes and I'm excited to see what the rest of the summer holds!  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment