Friday, May 15, 2009

Oh Deer!


This summer I have decided to train out in Chula Vista, California, in the training center.  I first traveled out their by plane on May 1 to get situated and then flew back to Atlanta on May 8 for my sister's (Elise, my younger sister) graduation from Georgia State University.  I decided to drive back out to CA in order to have my car and to be able to bring a little bit more stuff for my new summer home.  Elise and I left for Chula on Sunday afternoon.  A little into the evening, as my sister and I were listening to an audio book and traveling at 70mph (the speed limit) down I-20 in Forest, Mississippi, a deer ran out in front of my car.  I slammed on the brakes and thought I'd avoid a collision, but wasn't so lucky.  The car is currently in Meridian, Mississippi, and is very close to being totaled.  The deer, on the other hand, did not survive the crash.  Luckily, both my sister and I were ok, just bummed that our road trip was cut short.  If you never hit a deer or know anyone (besides me) who hit a deer, as you can see, it can do a lot of damages.  Deers be trippin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment