Sunday, November 21, 2010

GOLD in Calgary


Last week we drove up to Calgary, Alberta, Canada, for race #3 of America's Cup.  I am pleased to report that Optimus Prime (sled), Katelyn Kelly (brakeman), and I were successful and took home the GOLD!  This is actually only the second bobsled race I've ever won, and hopefully not my last.  My first run was super fast, and thank goodness it was because the second one was a whole 7 tenths slower!  That's not very consistent in bobsled terms, but that's what beginning driving is all about.  My goal for every race is always the same, to have two good consistent runs, and even though I won this race I didn't accomplish my goal of having two consistently good runs.  I have so much to learn as a driver, but I'm glad I still got the W today. Onto Winterberg, Germany!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful! Congrats on your win! It is well deserved. Good luck in Germany!

    ReplyDelete