Sunday, January 2, 2011

World Cup Lake Placid

Jamie and I on the podium after our 6th place finish

I apologize for such a delayed post!  In December, I had the privilege of racing in the World Cup race in Lake Placid!  Upon Erin's retirement, I was named USA 3 and qualified for World Cup by racing with Megan Hill in Winterberg (see previous post).  After a quick week in Winterberg, we headed back stateside and I raced in my first World Cup race as a pilot with development pilot and former national team brakeman Jamie Greubel.  Although my runs were not the prettiest, we finished 6th- a great finish for someone who has only been driving for 4 months!  After this finish, I retained my status as USA 3 and will be headed to Igls, Austria, after the New Year to compete in World Cup Race #5.  After that, I will then head to Winterberg, Germany, for another World Cup race, before returning stateside to compete in Jr. World Championships.  The ultimate goal for this season is to compete in World Championships, and I can make that goal a reality by winning Jr World Championships.  Even if I'm unable to win Jr. Worlds, I can still race World Championships- but then it goes to a committee decision, and that decision can go any way.  The goal is to qualify myself, and not leave anything up to decision.  I'm so thankful for the opportunity to race World Cup my first season as a pilot, and so honored to represent my country at the highest level of bobsled.

Jamie and I getting ready to push off

No comments:

Post a Comment