Sunday, December 12, 2010

7th and 8th


Megan and I had a great time in Winterberg!  We placed 7th and 8th, and had the 5th and 4th fastest pushes  for both races.  Although she hurt her quad, Megan pushed awesomely, and I can't wait to see what's next for her as she continues her development.  Megan had many firsts, including the first time to Germany, and she had the opportunity to eat many new foods.  I felt like a big sister, showing my little sister the ropes.  She handled everything- all the challenges we faced- like a pro and I'm so proud of her.

Janis Kipurs was my coach, with the help of the Latvian team and their coaches.  Thanks to Janis, we made a connection with the Latvian team and was able to share video with them.  I learned so much on this trip about bobsled and driving and I owe a lot of it to the Latvian team and to Janis.

As for the races, from my perspective, the first race was a good race, the second race- horrible.  People have told me that I am too hard on myself, but I expected to be in the top 6 for the second day, and I had the ability to be there.  I drove poorly, which was more upsetting than where I actually finished.  If I drove well and still finished 8th- then I got beat, but I drove poorly and finished 8th- and beat myself.  Still reeling to return to Winterberg to fix my mistakes, but that will have to wait til next season.



As for now, I'm back in Lake Placid getting ready for the World Cup race here this week.  Thanks to Megan, I was able to qualify for World Cup and will now race as USA3.  I'm completely excited to be racing World Cup in just my first season, as it's quite an honor.  I'm nervous as well, my driving ability will really be tested now, but also excited.  I have no idea what to expect, except as always- to have some fun...so here we go- Lake Placid!

No comments:

Post a Comment