Saturday, October 16, 2010

Back on the Ice!

We started back on the ice on Friday, October 15- and it dumped snow!!  It was kinda surreal to be sliding and not be the brakeman.  Although I have driven before, this is the first time I have driven at the beginning of the year and for team trials.  It may be weird- but I like it!  I love the feeling of being in the front seat- and the different challenges it brings- and let me tell you- it brings plenty of them!   Learning to drive a bobsled is one thing, learning to drive fast- is a whole different story!  Every day you walk the track trying to figure out the perfect line- and even though you think you can be perfect- you never will be!  It's one of the most frustrating and satisfying things I've ever done- and I can't wait to see what the rest of the season holds!

My teammates (Jazmine Fenlator and Jamie Greubel) and I started at a lower start, and today was my first day at the top- and I even pushed.  Above is video of me and one of our new rookie brakeman, Katie Stoever, pushing from the top.

So much more to come- the season has begun!

No comments:

Post a Comment