Sunday, July 29, 2012

The Olympics are here!

Finally!  After waiting 4 years for more memorable moments, the 2010 Summer Olympics have arrived!  This is the first Olympics since I've went in 2010 and I've got to say watching it now has a whole new meaning.  It was crazy watching the Opening Ceremony and feeling some of the things I felt walking through in 2010.  Each medal ceremony reminds me what it was like to stand up there as a representative of the USA.  Every single event reminds me what it was like to compete on the world's largest stage.  It's so exciting!

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to make the trip over to London to view the games firsthand (too much training to do to try to make 2014), but I can assure you I'm watching as much as possible.  Between NBC's tv coverage (even though we don't have all the channels in the OTC) and the online coverage, I've watched quite a bit of coverage, and a lot of sports I haven't been able to see previously.  Today alone, I've watched indoor and beach volleyball, rowing, cycling, weightlifting, gymnastics, field hockey, swimming, and water polo, and there's still day left!  

Here at the Olympic Training Center, it's extra inspiring as I know everyone around me is training to reach those moments, to live their Olympic dream.  Everyone crowds around the tvs whenever possible to take it all in.  We even have it turned on during the weight room, which inspires everyone to push even more.  We're all fired up here cheering for our Team USA counterparts, and each of us knows that after these 16 days, the world's eyes will be on us.  We're next and the clock is counting down!  Can't wait to train this week with another week of inspiring Olympic action ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment