Monday, May 28, 2012

Wait a second...THAT'S NOT ME!

My first agent created a website for me and operated the site.  Unfortunately, after we parted ways, I never re-established control of the site.  My former agent was very kind and even updated the site after I won Olympic bronze; but after that update, the site was left alone for quite some time.  I tried to reacquire the site without any luck, and eventually the contract between my agent and the hosting site expired.  I recently learned however, that once a site expires, hackers go and take the domain name, especially ones linked to "famous" people, and try to get those people to buy the domain name back!  Crazy stuff- I had no idea this could happen!  So now, the site www.elanameyers.com is being operated by a hacker who is waiting for me or Elena Meyers (a famous bike racer) to try to buy the domain name back.  On the site, you can see stuff online about the two of us, which is strange to see.  Well, I'm not one to give in to hackers, so I won't be buying the domain name anytime soon.  I will get another website, but in the meantime, if you find yourself visiting www.elanameyers.com  IT'S NOT ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment