Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Igls, Austria

WOW!  It has been quite some time since I blogged!  I apologize for my lack of updates- but I'll be better now.  The season has officially begun, and I am now in Igls, Austria, for my first two races- Europa Cup races- of the season.  Although I've slid at Igls before, I now have a better understanding of the track and still have a lot of things to work on.  Training has been going ok so far- not as well as I would have hoped, but I'm still learning and prepping for the races on Thursday and Saturday.

So how did I get here?  Team trials were in October, and didn't go so well for me.  The two weeks of team trials were two of the most difficult weeks of sliding for me- sled troubles, determining brakeman for those races, and trying to slide well on top of that!  Team trials didn't go as well as I would've liked- I didn't drive as well as I'd hoped, but I finished as USA 3 and made the national team.

So far this season hasn't gone as well as I would've hoped, but I'm hoping to change things around, and it starts now in Igls.  Wish me luck!  More in-depth updates later!

1 comment: