Monday, September 27, 2010

2010 Push Championships

     This past week we completed our pre-season combine testing (a series of tests to determine our current fitness) and our annual push championships.  Coming off an Olympic year, I really wasn't sure what to expect.  My training hasn't been at the same level of last season, as I have spent a majority of the summer trying to figure out ways to finance this upcoming season, as well as making appearances with my bronze medal.  My training hasn't been as consistent as I would have liked, so I was very nervous to find out how I would test and perform this week.  Although I didn't set personal records in anything, I am pleased to report that I finished first for the second season in a row in the combine testing.  I ran a 3.88 in our 30m testing, not bad but still over a tenth off my PR, but still the fastest in the field.
     Additionally, this pre-season I haven't been pushing much, as my body has needed time to recover from any lagging injuries and also I haven't been in Lake Placid consistently enough to put it regularly in the workouts.  Once again however, I am pleased to report that I won push championships for the 3rd consecutive year as a brakeman, and also won push championships for the first time competing as a pilot.  I still have much to learn pushing from the pilot's bar, but I feel that this was a great way to start the season.  I can still pick up much more time pushing as a driver, but a win's a win.  Here is the write up of the event:

http://bobsled.teamusa.org/news/2010/09/23/meyers-and-langton-dominate-national-bobsled-push-championships/38677?ngb_id=23

Now it's just more training til the ice opens on October 15!  Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment