Friday, November 6, 2009

Hamstring

So we've been in Whistler for almost two weeks now and I've been struggling with a hamstring injury the entire time. I first hurt my hamstring in Calgary during push championships, and then with team trials and racing so much, it wasn't given the proper time to heal and now it's really quit on me. The World Cup season starts next week with the first race in Park City, Utah, and I was scheduled to race with Bree Schaaf, however, with my hamstring injury I have been advised not to race. As an athlete, it's a very difficult decision to make- I always think I'm invincible when it comes to this sort of thing and believe I'll be ready to race next weekend. However, there's always the chance that I'm not 100% and end up doing more damage then anything else- which will set me back for a long time. Injuries are one of the most difficult things to deal with in sport, but I'll just have to give my hamstring some time and see how I'm feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment